EPAM Continuum's Annual 2021 NXT Trends Report Identifies Six Major Currents of Change and the Challenges Facing Businesses in the Coming Year
Press Release: November 30, 2020
"At their most powerful, trends help us understand the broad context behind the pressing problems challenging markets and industries today," says
One of the defining themes of the current era is the way its major forces—like mobile technology, globalization, or secularization—connect people more widely than ever before but at the same time drive them apart. With that said, the six major trends and 13 strategic viewpoints presented in the 2021 NXT Trends report are all about connection in its many forms—through community, between technologies, to home—and also about the impacts of loneliness, migration, and inequity.
- Digital Communities and the Future of the Internet - The changing dynamics of digital communities reminds us the internet is still young.
- Interoperability and the Future of Disruption - Technology can't solve the world's problems by going around them.
- Work and the Future of Life, Business, and Everything - The pandemic added fuel to a growing labor movement, with no easy answers for businesses.
- Loneliness and the Future of Public Health - Psychologists say we'll forget the pandemic when it's over, but in the meantime, everyone is stressed.
- Localization and the Future of the Global Economy - Globalization is looking less and less like a free and open market.
- Migration and the Future of Cities - The pandemic and climate change are shifting demographics and forcing cities to choose between rebuilding and evolving.
"The tension between interconnection and division is inarguably a characteristic of the pandemic," adds Chris. "But it is important to remember we have been here before. Over the centuries, illnesses and pandemics, as well as natural disasters and wars, have forced societies to move forward in unforeseen ways. Today, we are far more empowered with more data and insight to not only make better decisions but also innovate for the greater good."
To learn more about EPAM, visit www.epam.com.
About EPAM Continuum
EPAM Continuum's diverse, integrated consulting teams apply a Systems Thinking mindset to get to the heart of our clients' increasingly complex business challenges. Our business, experience, technology and data consultants work together to create holistic solutions that achieve meaningful, sustained impact for businesses, their employees and customers. Learn more at www.epam.com/epam-continuum and follow us on LinkedIn.
This press release includes statements which may constitute forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, the accuracy of which are necessarily subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions as to future events that may not prove to be accurate. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied include general economic conditions and the factors discussed in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and other filings with the
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/epam-continuums-annual-2021-nxt-trends-report-identifies-six-major-currents-of-change-and-the-challenges-facing-businesses-in-the-coming-year-301181231.html
Amber Rasmussen, O: +1-971-337-9648, E: Amber_Rasmussen@epam.com