Aug 01, 2012 (Marketwire via COMTEX) --Nimbula, the Cloud Operating System Company, today announced that EPAM Systems (NYSE: EPAM), a leading global software engineering and IT consulting provider, implemented Nimbula Director, the most advanced cloud computing software for building and managing private, hybrid and public clouds.
Headquartered in the United States, EPAM Systems employs more than 7,300 IT professionals and provides services to clients worldwide using a global delivery model through its client facing and delivery operations in North America and Europe. EPAM's core competencies include complex software product engineering for leading global software and technology vendors, as well as development, testing, maintenance and support of mission critical business applications and vertically oriented IT consulting services for Forbes Global 2000 corporations.
To enhance its delivery model, EPAM selected Nimbula Director to create a geographically distributed community cloud that addresses its need to increase its productivity, quality and cost-effectiveness of delivering services and project and infrastructure management.
"EPAM tested several systems that claimed to be 'EC2-like,'" said Eli Feldman, Vice President of Cloud Solutions and Services at EPAM. "However, Nimbula Director provided a better solution out-of-the-box. Other systems were complex to install and configure, difficult to manage, not as reliable and priced unattractively. We liked the concept of having a product that included all functionality in one SKU at a competitive price. Federation to EC2 was a critical part of the project. For the past year, Nimbula provided exceptional support for their product."
EPAM's cloud features:
- Secure and Scalable Compute and Storage Capacity. Nimbula Director rapidly unifies EPAM's globally distributed infrastructure in a secure, out-of-the-box manner.
- Multi-Tenancy, High-Performance and Resiliency. With a resilient control plane, the solution provides a flexible and reliable multi-tenancy model without degrading performance.
- Elasticity and On-Demand Availability. Nimbula Director provides a self-service, elastic cloud. Performance bottlenecks are removed and EPAM is now able to increase or decrease capacity within minutes.
- Federation with Other Private and Public Clouds. Nimbula Director's federation to Amazon EC2 addresses EPAM's requirement to enable more choices for clients, providing extra capacity for peak times and global reach.
- Seamless Integration with EPAM's Proprietary Management Suite. Using Nimbula Director's RESTful API, EPAM integrated Nimbula Director into its proprietary management suite, bridging the gap between the project management and the infrastructure management.
"EPAM is a leader in software and application outsourcing and is using Nimbula Director to improve the quality and performance of its operations and to reduce costs," said Reza Malekzadeh, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Nimbula. "We are excited to see industry leaders like EPAM strengthening their leadership and competitiveness with Nimbula Director."
The cloud increased the efficiency of the EPAM's global delivery model with:
- Rapid Cloud Onboarding. It takes EPAM 15 minutes to create an initial system architecture known as a "project template" for a new customer or project.
- Rapid System Deployment. Using project templates, an authorized developer, QA specialist or systems engineer can deploy the entire solution in minutes. The project manager has a complete control over costs and changes.
- Continuous Improvement. A project template is continuously enriched with instructions for elasticity, automated software deployment, testing and monitoring. It is integrated with continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Always Production Ready. Templates evolve with projects providing instant fully automated deployment capabilities for all project stages. This helps EPAM create "always production ready" solutions, which are used for production, development, testing and other purposes.
- Collaboration. EPAM often co-develops solutions with customers and partners. Nimbula Director provides multi-tenancy and multi-cloud capabilities, enabling the EPAM's team and customers to work in tandem.
Founded by the team that developed the industry-leading Amazon EC2, Nimbula delivers a comprehensive cloud operating system that uniquely combines the scalability and operational efficiencies of the public cloud with the control, security and trust of today's most advanced data centers. Nimbula was named one of the most promising startups in The Wall Street Journal and was dubbed "one of three cloud properties ready to burst" in Fortune. Nimbula is headquartered in Mountain View, California. For more information, visit http://nimbula.com.
Media and Analyst Contact: Amber Rowland email@example.com +1-650-814-4560