UNICEF and EPAM Partner to Build Trusted 'HealthBuddy COVID-19' Information Platform, Designed to Protect Children and Families Across Europe and Central Asia During Pandemic and Beyond
Press Release: July 9, 2020
- What's the News: EPAM has engineered an innovative mobile platform to enhance the web-based 'HealthBuddy COVID-19' chatbot app, developed by the
United Nations Children's Fund/ Europeand Central AsiaRegional Office (UNICEF ECARO), as a reliable source of information and advice related to COVID-19.
- Why it Matters: As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to upend lives, access to relevant and reliable facts remains vital to support emergency risk communications and promote protective and preventive behaviors at the community and individual levels.
- Who is it for: National authorities, public health institutions, social service agencies, families and individuals. The app is currently available in English, Greek, Italian, Kazakh, Macedonian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish.
"Reaching children, young people and parents in the Region with reliable and accurate messages about COVID-19 is an important part of addressing the myths and countering the misinformation around the pandemic," says
Currently available in English, Greek, Italian, Kazakh, Macedonian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish, the 'HealthBuddy COVID-19' chatbot can be tailored by national authorities and public health institutions in local languages and utilized for a wide range of potential public health emergencies or for promoting life-saving behaviors like vaccination in the future. Below are just a few of its features and uses:
- The general public can receive public health messages and information, share opinions, report rumors, ask questions to public health workers, participate in surveys/polls at different stages of the pandemic, to assess the secondary impact of COVID-19, and use self-assessment tools to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
- Health authorities can send alerts regarding those who confirm or suspect they have the virus, with opt-in and opt-out features for exposure notification to help in real-time monitoring of the situation.
- Health workers can access a knowledge library for information on how to manage cases, get alerts for new developments, medicines and best practices, and utilize exposure notification tools to monitor infected cases when the exposure notification feature is deployed. By having access to updated information and people's concerns/sentiments about COVID-19, at different stages of the pandemic, health workers will be better equipped to interact and communicate with families and communities with relevant and timely messages.
"We are proud to be a part of
In addition to engineering the GDPR- and HIPAA-compliant app, EPAM will provide in-kind technical support through
To learn more about EPAM and HealthBuddy, visit www.epam.com.
About EPAM Systems
Notes to editors:
This press release includes statements which may constitute forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, the accuracy of which are necessarily subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions as to future events that may not prove to be accurate. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied include general economic conditions and the factors discussed in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and other filings with the
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/unicef-and-epam-partner-to-build-trusted-healthbuddy-covid-19-information-platform-designed-to-protect-children-and-families-across-europe-and-central-asia-during-pandemic-and-beyond-301090561.html
Amber Rasmussen, O: +1-971-337-9648, E: Amber_Rasmussen@epam.com